Sunday, April 19, 2009

What's that Smell? from 10-12-2008

I just realized that the trash in my house stinks to high heaven. The Lysol isn't working. It's freezing outside but I have to take it out. Then I have to air out the house. How's that for 6am on Sunday? Sigh…
Two major developments this past week. First and foremost: I got a new computer. I know this probably means nothing to you, but I sure as hell was excited. See, my last computer was a custom-built dealy from 1998. Yes, it was almost eleven years old. It has seen me through my entire college career and even consoled me when the motherboard in my first laptop died. Needless to say we were tight. In recent times, however, she had started to slow. Her old, arthritic processer just could not keep pace with my photographic endeavors. Her graphics card was getting picked on at school, and her internal hard drive was having an affair with a beefy 500G external. It was time to cut ties. We said our goodbyes and I put her out to pasture.
My other development I hardly want to talk about. I am back on second shift *temporarily* while we hack away at the workload at my job. Yes, this was voluntary - ergo, I should not be complaining. Alas, it sucks blowhole, and I will whine all I want. Besides, what would this blog be without my harsh criticisms?
Extra kudos goes out this week to my amazing husband who spent his Saturday setting up my new computer with a minimum of swearing and malice.
T.V. recommendation of the month: "It's always sunny in Philadelphia". You are truly missing out, this season is the shizzle, just like all the other seasons. You don't need higher brain function to appreciate this simple comedy series.
That's it for now; it's too early for my higher brain functions. Besides I have to take the damn garbage out.

No comments:

Post a Comment