Sunday, April 19, 2009
Old Lady in the Mosh Pit from 04-02-2008
I’ve been meaning to blog this for a little while now, so I figure that since I’m trapped in a three hour class at the moment I can finally get it done. About a month ago I attended the Gogol Bordello concert at the Royal Oak Music Theater with Melissa "Tickles" and Jillian. Our girls nights can get fairly interesting, so attending a punk concert on a monday night wasn’t out of order. What made the evening slightly more interesting was my time spent in the mosh pit. (Note: Yes, I mosh, so sue me). Halfway through the concert, I happen to notice a woman wedging into the 3 square inches of open space to my right. What got my attention right away was the fact that she was old enough to be my mom. Now, I don’t want to sound all ’agist’, but one doesn’t typically find the 50+ crowd elbowing up to the stage through a sea of sweaty, violent young people. On top of it, she was having a blast while being crushed and pushed, at one point screaming to her daughter "I’m going to marry that man!" in reference to the lead singer and "How do I know when it’s all going terribly wrong?!" in reference to the crowd. In a way I was jealous. Granted, she was probably schnocked out of her mind, but she was having way more fun than I was at twice my age. It kinda dawned on me that I either need to A. Drink more, or B. Take a page out of her book and just relax and cut loose. I’m opting for B, a lesson we all could use. So here’s to the old lady in the mosh pit. Love ya, you minx.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment