Sunday, April 19, 2009

Human Beans from 2-09-2007

Every year I make some sort of attempt at inner peace for my New Years resolution. This year I'm really making a stab at patience. The crappy thing about having patience is that no one really notices if you actually manage to develop some. It's like fat people losing 5lbs. Anyway, the first real test of this resolution happened at school a few weeks ago. I was so disgusted that it took me a month to blog about it, but enough excuses. Long story short, during class a girl - a senior - wrote the phrase "Human beans" on the board. For those of you in the know, she of course meant human beings. Alas, as we laughed at her mistake, we realized that she had no idea what was wrong. She honestly thought we were human BEANS. A senior in college. Which led me to wonder A). What kind of college was I attending if she had made it in, and B). If I could kill her and claim it was for the good of the gene pool. However, with my promise to put up with the shortcomings of others, I stopped my eye rolled and mutterings of "oh my god..." I have instead embraced the fact that we are all indeed human beans, and this bean needs to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment