Sunday, April 19, 2009

Strange Days from 11-05-2007

Now that I've recently crested from my mid-twenties into my late twenties, I've taken the time to reflect on how time changes a person, namely me. I know handing out unsolicited advice about life is about as welcome as a visit from the Jehovah's Witness folks, so I won't do that (See, yet another thing I've learned). I will however list a few fun benchmarks from through the years. Feel free to reply your wierdnesses. Some of these are monumentally embarassing, but I no longer care since I am turning into an old fogy (just kidding).
Age 16. Somehow still afraid of the basement, though nothing has attacked me down there ever. I tell no one until Jason tells me that HE is petrified of his parents' basement...and remains so until this day.
Age 17. Emotional unstability is a recreational sport, so is drinking hard liquor. SoCo and tequilla have a direct link to my first puking experience.
Age 18. Bored to tears. No idea what all the fuss is about. Oh, also start shit ass job at Chrysler, where I remain embittered to this day.
Age 19. Finally starting to realize that dull, insecure and jealous boyfriends are not a fun way to spend my youth. It still takes 8 months to plan and execute breakups. (I can't just walk away, my C.D.'s are in his truck!)
Age 20. Last of my high school friends evaporate into the mist of work, growing apart and unplanned pregnancies (not me). Still bored.
Age 21. Actually start to pay attention in college. Stop drinking now that I'm legal.
Age 22. Sort of act like a grown-up. At least I'm not afraid of the damn basement anymore.
Age 23. Identity Crisis. If you haven't had this yet, you will. Good luck.
Age 24. Still emotionally retarded, Still bored. Watch time sail by. Realize that friends are a precious commodity and hard to come by.
Age 25. I start to truly appreciate my parents for everything they've ever done for me. Fine lines on my face start to settle in. Recognize limitations. I learn to pace myself and appreciate others.
Age 26. Rational thought kicks my girly emotional ass right out to pasture. I become more honest with myself and others.
Age 27. Start to write inane lists for friends to read. Must still be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment