Friday, September 4, 2009
Busted Bowling
This happened a couple of weeks ago, but I’m still ticked enough to write about it. We were invited out to go bowling with Annie and Eric, who still do fun things because they’re young, unmarried, and have no kids. Anyway, we went to Mayflower Lanes because they have ‘all you can bowl’ for 12 bucks from 10 to 12:45. Rock on. So there we were, and I’ll tell you up front that I kinda suck at the whole bowling thing. Not quite Obama bad, but close enough. My goal for the first game was to break 80. Which I did at 87. The next game was slightly better, somewhere near 100. I was in last place both games. The real shocker came when I bowled my ass off in the third game. I got something like 4 strikes in a row. I don’t understand how because my weakling wrist had just about had it with my cosmic pink eight pound ball. I was up to 143 in the eighth frame. However, the clock was ticking. The end was nigh, and I desperately hoped that they wouldn’t shut down right at 12:45 before everyone could finish their games. Oh, I was so wrong, and I was so pissed. You see, my all time high score in bowling was back in high school when I bowled every day for a month. It was 155. So here I was - two frames away from destroying my old shitty score with a new shitty score, and the lanes shut down. I tried to keep my whining to a minimum on the way out to the parking lot, but I was weeping inside. I know I could just bowl slightly more often, and this wouldn’t be an issue, but that’s not the point. So boo to Mayflower Lanes for being time Nazis. That really sucked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment