Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fireman's Ball

Last night we attended the annual Taylor Firefighters Ball, and I’m pleased to say fun was had by all. The sheer entertainment value of the Hendricks clan at a formal function is priceless. Jason and I had only 20 minutes to get ready before we left, so things were a bit of a scramble, and naturally I forgot a couple of key things. One of which was a pin for the front of my dress. It doesn’t sound like much, but I assure you, it is necessary if you want to maybe dance or walk or rise out of your chair without giving the person in front of you a show. The skirt of the dress was floor length and overlapped in the front, which when disturbed, created an exposable slit up to my belly button. Yeah. Jason asked every approachable woman if she had a safety pin. I had since given up, but his persistence paid off, and one of the waitresses found a suitable pin. Score. Other points of interest in the evening: Gloria throwing up on the floor. She claims to have been choking. I’m forced to believe her considering it was very early in the evening and she didn’t look drunk in the slightest, so whatever. Deb was also a big sport when she won her muffler and oil change gift certificate. She had her heart on winning some cash, and she seemed to take it pretty good despite her crushing disappointment. I myself was stunned when very late in the evening, I won a bucket of Jagermeister. Yes, a bucket. It is large and orange, and of course says Jagermeister on the side. It came with a GIANT bottle of Jager, a pump for dispensing, and a stack of little plastic cups. I’m thinking I might bring it to a Michigan game this year considering it will just collect dust behind the bar. The gift itself was donated by a local politician, which I felt was appropriate and expected. I myself got fairly trashed on innumerable glasses of Franzia Chardonnay, and was very thankful to Robert for driving our obnoxious, drunk asses home. I am pleased to announce that I woke feeling fine this morning, but took two IB just in case. I was amused when I let the dogs out this morning, to find Jason’s keys still in the door. Can’t wait ‘til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment